Mooncup Size A - Reusable Menstrual Cup
It's time to rethink the time of the month and go plastic-free. Did you know many popular disposable sanitary products contain plastic? A whole LOT of plastic. In fact, some brands of disposable sanitary pads are made up of 90% plastic, which is about the same amount as four carrier bags. And while applicators for tampons are obviously made of plastic, did you know that some components of the tampon itself could be made of polyester (a.k.a. plastic!)? You will use 11,000 sanitary products in your lifetime!
Mooncup® is the original, soft, medical-grade silicone menstrual cup designed by women as the convenient, safe and eco-friendly alternative to tampons and pads. It is reused for every period - you only need one Mooncup so it saves you money as well as being eco-friendly. Worn internally, lower than a tampon, the Mooncup collects rather than absorbs your menstrual fluid. It holds up to 3 times as much as a tampon and you can leave it in for up to 8 hours, including for travelling, sport, swimming and overnight.
- The Mooncup does not dry you out or leave fibres behind
- Comfortable & convenient
- No exposure to pesticides & bleaches which are absorbed by your body
- No bulky spares to carry
- Excellent for women with sensitive skin or allergies
- Friendly, professional advice service
- Longer lasting protection for every day of your period
- Reusable - simply rinse and reinsert
- Designed & produced by an ethical business run by women
- No used tampons or pads to add to landfill (we know you wouldn't flush them!)
- The most eco-friendly sanitary protection you can buy
Easy to use
Instructions can be found here.
Which size should I use?
Size A (this one) - you are over 30, or you are under 30 and had a vaginal birth.
Size B - you are under 30 and have either never given or given birth by Caesarean.
Size is not related to menstural flow
Tried and trusted since 2002 by users around the world, the Mooncup menstrual cup offers an end to the waste, discomfort and expense of disposable sanitary protection. If it seems a little daunting - that's as natural as your period. Most of us have grown up in an era of no alternatives to disposable feminine hygiene products and it's challenging to experiment with new ideas. However, the benefits of the Mooncup are too great to be ignored 💚🌎