Completely plastic-free, organic disposable sanitary pads with wings
What you put against your skin matters. &SISTERS premium pads made with certified organic cotton are designed to enhance your wellbeing. They are both healthy and high-performing, providing the ultimate peace of mind. The Rib-Weave™ design ensures the even absorption away from the skin towards the absorbent cotton core providing maximum absorbency and maximum leak protection without the use of chemical absorbents, whilst the anatomically designed pad provides a secure and comfortable fit.
&SISTERS sanitary pads with wings are made with pure natural organic cotton- no synthetics, harmful chemicals, perfumes or colourants. The uniquely woven cotton core has maximum absorbency with a waterproof back sheet ensuring the skin is kept clean and dry. The pads are ultra-thin, soft and breathable for better comfort, they have been anatomically designed with protective wings for a secure fit.
Hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin 💚, each pad is individually wrapped in a biodegradable & compostable purse pack wrapper, and your pack arrives in a packaged in a cardboard box, ensuring they are 100% plastic free.
Better for our planet 🌍:
- Sustainably-produced organic cotton, grown without the need for chemical fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- The cotton is purified in a Totally Chlorine Free (TCF) process meaning no chlorine or dioxins
- Compostable and biodegradable, including the individual wrapper
- FSC approved packaging
- Environmentally-friendlier than synthetic, plastic-filled, mass-market alternatives
- Certified organic by Soil Association Certification (DK14305) according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Very Light: Perfect as a ‘just in case’ pad at the start and end of your period and for very light flow days. Use day or night, depending on your needs. Length: 18cm.
Light: suitable for light menstrual flow. Use day or night, depending on your needs. Length: 20cm.
Medium: suitable for day time use and light flow nights. Length: 24cm.
Heavy/Night: suitable for both night time and heavy flow days. Length: 28cm.
Day/Night mixed pack:
(5) - perfect for on-the-go, emergencies and those just-in case moments, contains 3 medium pads with wings and 2 heavy pads with wings.
(20) - contains 10 medium pads with wings and 10 heavy pads with wings
Ingredients: Made with 100% certified organic cotton. Each pad contains 78%-83% certified organic cotton (the absorbent cotton core and top sheet ) & 17%-22% biodegradable biopolymer derived from cornstarch (the waterproof back sheet). Percentage content is dependent on flow of pad.
Why conventional sanitary wear is bad for you and bad for the planet 🌍
Your vagina is one of the most absorbent and sensitive parts of your body so you want to be very careful about what you place next to it or in it.
Conventional sanitary wear has been found to contain non-organic cotton, plastic, fragrance/perfumes, deodorants, dyes and chlorine bleach. It usually comes wrapped in plastic too and can have plastic applicators.
- Non-organic cotton is farmed using toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- Plastic is a synthetic material that is linked to hormone disruption due to use of chemicals such as BPA.
- The 'absorbent' compounds added to sanitary products have been described as “highly toxic when inhaled or ingested, causing damage to your eyes, skin and lungs.”
Rayon is also found in sanitary products. It is a manmade material from cellulose wood pulp. When rayon is produced and bleached, this process produces dioxins as a by-product. Dioxins are linked to several health concerns including the reproductive health condition, endometriosis. It’s also associated with deforestation as the typical process for dissolving wood pulp for rayon wastes 70% of the tree!
Millions of women and girls across the globe stay at home during their periods because they can’t afford period products. &SISTERS want to be a part of changing that.
They are dedicated to changing the lives of thousands of women around the world and believe that gender should never keep a girl from getting her education. When you educate a girl, you educate a community.
Sisters for sisters - Just £5 a year pays for one girl’s annual period supplies in Africa.
Through the &SISTERS Foundation, they donate 10% of their profits to help support women’s health, education and economic empowerment across the globe.