&SISTERS Organic Cotton Wrapped Liners
Completely plastic-free, organic cotton liners
What you put against your skin matters. &SISTERS premium, certified organic cotton liners are designed to enhance your wellbeing. They are both healthy and high-performing, designed to keep you feeling fresh on even the lightest of days.
Better for your body:
- Made with pure 100% certified natural organic cotton
- No synthetics. No harmful chemicals. No perfumes. No colourants.
- Better comfort: ultra-thin, soft and breathable
- Better protection: uniquely woven cotton core for maximum absorbency, with a waterproof back sheet ensuring the skin is kept clean and dry
- Hypoallergenic: pH neutral for sensitive skin
- Individually paper wrapped
&SISTERS liners are made with 100% pure natural organic cotton - no synthetics, harmful chemicals, perfumes or colourants. They are ultra-thin, soft and breathable for better comfort with a uniquely woven cotton core for maximum absorbency, with a waterproof back sheet ensuring the skin is kept clean and dry.
Hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin 💚, each pad is individually wrapped in a biodegradable & compostable purse pack wrapper, and your pack arrives in a packaged in a cardboard box, ensuring they are 100% plastic free.
Better for our planet 🌍:
- Sustainably-produced organic cotton, grown without the need for chemical fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- The cotton is purified in a Totally Chlorine Free (TCF) process meaning no chlorine or dioxins
- Compostable and biodegradable
- Recyclable paper wrap, FSC approved packaging
- Environmentally-friendlier than synthetic, plastic-filled, mass-market alternatives
- Certified organic by Soil Association Certification (DK14305) according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Available in 3 pack sizes for your convenience:
Handbag pack: contain 8 wrapped liners
Bedroom pack: contains 24 wrapped liners
Bathroom pack: contains 48 wrapped liners
Ingredients: Made with 100% certified organic cotton. Each liner contains 73% organic cotton and 27% biodegradable biopolymer derived from cornstarch (the waterproof back sheet).
Why conventional sanitary wear is bad for you and bad for the planet 🌍
Your vagina is one of the most absorbent and sensitive parts of your body so you want to be very careful about what you place next to it or in it.
Conventional sanitary wear has been found to contain non-organic cotton, plastic, fragrance/perfumes, deodorants, dyes and chlorine bleach. It usually comes wrapped in plastic too and can have plastic applicators.
- Non-organic cotton is farmed using toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- Plastic is a synthetic material that is linked to hormone disruption due to use of chemicals such as BPA.
- The 'absorbent' compounds added to sanitary products have been described as “highly toxic when inhaled or ingested, causing damage to your eyes, skin and lungs.”
Rayon is also found in sanitary products. It is a manmade material from cellulose wood pulp. When rayon is produced and bleached, this process produces dioxins as a by-product. Dioxins are linked to several health concerns including the reproductive health condition, endometriosis. It’s also associated with deforestation as the typical process for dissolving wood pulp for rayon wastes 70% of the tree!
Millions of women and girls across the globe stay at home during their periods because they can’t afford period products. &SISTERS want to be a part of changing that.
They are dedicated to changing the lives of thousands of women around the world and believe that gender should never keep a girl from getting her education. When you educate a girl, you educate a community.
Sisters for sisters - Just £5 a year pays for one girl’s annual period supplies in Africa.
Through the &SISTERS Foundation, they donate 10% of their profits to help support women’s health, education and economic empowerment across the globe.