To get the best results from your candles and maximise their loveliness, we recommend the following:
- Use a proper candle lighter and extinguisher to light and put out your candles where possible.
- Burn your candle for at least 1 hour each time, preferably allow it to burn out to the edge of the glass. This will help prevent ‘drilling’ and make your candle last longer.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris.
- Trim wicks to 5mm (1/4") before you use your candle. This stops the flame smoking and gives a much longer life to the candle. If the candle does give off sooty smoke, extinguish it and trim the wick before lighting it again. Never trim a burning candle.
- Do not let candles burn in a draught or close to a heat source as this will cause the flame to smoke and burn unevenly.
- Always place candles on a level surface.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything that could catch fire.
- The glass jars and tins will get hot; never touch or move a burning candle, and ensure the candle is on a heat resistant surface. Never burn candles on a glass or marble surface.
- Leave at least 15cm (6") between burning candles if using more than one.
- The wax used for our candles are intended to give the best results at room temperature.
- Never ever leave a candle burning unattended, you just can’t ever be too sure with an exposed flame.
- Never leave lit candles alone with children or pets.