&SISTERS Paper-Wrapped Tampons
Completely plastic-free, organic disposable tampons wrapped in paper!
What you put in your body matters. &SISTERS premium, certified organic cotton tampons are designed to enhance your wellbeing. They are both healthy and high-performing, providing the ultimate peace of mind. The Contour Fit™ design provides comfortable all-around expansion for maximum leak protection without the use of chemical absorbents and follows your individual contours providing a true and more comfortable fit.
&SISTERS paper wrapped tampons are made with 100% pure natural organic cotton - no synthetics, harmful chemicals, perfumes or colourants. They are uniquely woven for maximum absorbency they expand widthways for better comfort and the octagonal design gives a better fit, comfort and protection.
Hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skin 💚, soft and breathable with a veil to prevent fibre shedding. With each tampon individually wrapped in paper and packaged in a cardboard box, they are 100% plastic free.
Better for our planet 🌍:
- Sustainably-produced organic cotton, grown without the need for chemical fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides
- The cotton is purified in a Totally Chlorine Free (TCF) process meaning no chlorine or dioxins
- Compostable and biodegradable
- Recyclable paper wrap, FSC approved packaging
- Environmentally-friendlier than synthetic, plastic-filled, mass-market alternatives
- Certified organic by Soil Association Certification (DK14305) according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
Available in 3 absorbencies with varying pack sizes and pre-mixed packs to cover your period needs from the first day. When choosing tampons, always go for the lowest possible absorbency.
Light: absorb 6-9g.
Medium: absorb 9-12g.
Heavy: absorb 12-15g.
Handbag Trio Pack: contains 2 light, 4 medium and 2 heavy paper wrapped tampons
Bathroom Duo Pack: contains 9 light and 9 medium paper wrapped tampons
Why conventional sanitary wear is bad for you and bad for the planet 🌍
Your vagina is one of the most absorbent and sensitive parts of your body so you want to be very careful about what you place next to it or in it.
Conventional sanitary wear has been found to contain non-organic cotton, plastic, fragrance/perfumes, deodorants, dyes and chlorine bleach. It usually comes wrapped in plastic too and can have plastic applicators.
- Non-organic cotton is farmed using toxic pesticides and insecticides.
- Plastic is a synthetic material that is linked to hormone disruption due to use of chemicals such as BPA.
- The 'absorbent' compounds added to sanitary products have been described as “highly toxic when inhaled or ingested, causing damage to your eyes, skin and lungs.”
Rayon is also found in sanitary products. It is a manmade material from cellulose wood pulp. When rayon is produced and bleached, this process produces dioxins as a by-product. Dioxins are linked to several health concerns including the reproductive health condition, endometriosis. It’s also associated with deforestation as the typical process for dissolving wood pulp for rayon wastes 70% of the tree!
Millions of women and girls across the globe stay at home during their periods because they can’t afford period products. &SISTERS want to be a part of changing that.
They are dedicated to changing the lives of thousands of women around the world and believe that gender should never keep a girl from getting her education. When you educate a girl, you educate a community.
Sisters for sisters - Just £5 a year pays for one girl’s annual period supplies in Africa.
Through the &SISTERS Foundation, they donate 10% of their profits to help support women’s health, education and economic empowerment across the globe.